Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Review: A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love epic drama and "A Song of Ice and Fire" does not disappoint. This fantasy novel, sadly did not come to my attention until 2011 when the HBO series premiered.

The plot (I should say "plots" as there are so many intertwined) is so compelling, the characters larger-than-life (how's that for cliché) and Martin's artful way of describing the setting places the reader right in the middle of the action (better duck or that sword will have your head). It's truly a total sensory read with characters you love (and hold your breath that they'll survive) and those you hate (and can't get enough of).

It might be easier to just follow the action on the TV series, but the read is worth the investment. There is so much more than on the screen, I've committed to get ahead of HBO and read the next offerings in advance. Although this is my first post about "A Game of Thrones," I just finished book four, "A Feast for Crows."

No, it's not for everyone (especially those who faint at the sight of blood), but, if you want a good read, you'll find it here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment